ハッピーハロウィン！Or, in English, Happy Halloween! (Obviously Halloween is tomorrow, but this is my Halloween because Tuesday is an off day for posting.) Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I am super excited to show you guys my makeup look I created for my best friend’s party this weekend. Not only is it super easy to do, but I find it to be a loving nod to my Japanese heritage and its creepy urban legends.
According to the legend, Kuchisake-onna (aka the Slit-Mouthed Woman) was the wife of a samurai who was caught having an affair. Because of this, her husband slashed her face and asked her, “Who will think you are beautiful now?” Recent times means some alterations to some of her lore and the story, but it is spooky nonetheless. You would rather not encounter her with her surgical mask over her scars, for she is bound to make you just as “pretty” unless you manage to escape.
The gashes were a little larger than anticipated, but this still came out pretty well, considering I was in a bit of a rush to get ready for the party. I’m sure I would make my Bachan (grandma) proud…or absolutely appalled, which is more likely. This is all I used to create this look:
* * * *
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Blemish Control Primer
- Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation in “Light 44”
- e.l.f. Translucent Setting Powder
- e.l.f. Bronzer Quad
- Wet n Wild Color Icon Blush in “Mellow Wine”
- Wet n Wild To Reflect Shimmer Palette in “I’ll Have a Cosmo”
- Spirit Halloween Liquid Latex
- Toilet Paper
- Spirit Halloween Bruise Makeup Kit
- Wet n Wild ProLine Felt Tip Eyeliner
- Essence Get Big! Lashes Volume Boost Waterproof Mascara
- NYX Lip Lingerie in “Corset”
- Black cream makeup
- NYX Black Micro Brow Pencil
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in “Espresso”
* * * *
What are you ghouls being for Halloween this year? Let me know and see in the comments!